FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, SEPTEMBER 22, 2006
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. Board Briefing by the Department of the Attorney General on the pending lawsuit filed by All Trees Services, Inc. and Terrence Rodrigues.
An executive meeting may be called to discuss legal issues such as, among other things, the Board's powers, and the Board's and State's potential liability in this case. These matters are confidential as provided by Chapter 92, Hawaii Revised Statutes and Title 13, Chapter 1, Hawaii Administrative Rules, and are further protected by the Attorney-Client privilege and the work-product doctrine.
3. Permission to Hire Consultant for Land Division to Assist DLNR in the Review of Plans and Documents Submitted form Jacoby Development, Inc. for Master-Planned Project at Kealakeha, Hawaii (APPRAISER/Cyrus)
4. Amend Prior Board Actions of February 28, 1986, Agenda Item F-13 and July 28, 2006, Agenda Item D-1, Direct Sale of Easement to Edward A.K. Lee and Lucia R. Lee for Access and Utility Purposes; Kaimu, Puna, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 1-2-08:08 (HDLO/Gordon)
5. Approval in Principle of the Issuance of a Direct Lease to Kaheawa Wind Power II, LLC for Commercial Renewal Wind Energy Generation Facility Purposes, Olowalu-Ukumehame, Lahaina, Maui, TMK: (2) 4-8-01: Portion 1 (SUPPORT BRANCH/Gary)
7. Cancellation of Governor's Executive Order No. 3064 and Reset Aside to the Department of Transportation, Harbors Division for Commercial Harbor Purposes, Owa, Kahului Harbor, Kahului, Wailuku, Maui, TMK: (2) 3-7-01:21 (SUPPORT BRANCH/Gary)
8. Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to the City and County of Honolulu, Department of Design and Construction on Lands Encumbered by General Leases, Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-24:14, 15, 31, 32 (ADMINISTRATION/Charlene)
E. STATE PARKS
1. Request for Approval for Issuance of a Revocable Permit and Non-Exclusive Lease of State Park Lands at Makiki Valley State Recreation Area, Makiki, Oahu to Halau Ku Mana Public Charter School for educational uses.
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for Authorization to Issue one Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI) State Marine Refuge Research, Monitoring and Education Permit to Mr. Donald Palawski of the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service, for Management Activities Within Certain State Waters, Valid from September 22, 2006 to December 31, 206.
2. Request for Authorization to Issue one Northwestern Hawaiian Islands (NWHI) State Marine Refuge Research, Monitoring and Education Permit to Dr. Russell Brainard of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA), for Activities Under the Census of Coral Reed Ecosystems (CReefs) Project, Valid from Early October Through Early November in 2006.
1. Enforcement Action and Request to Modify Conditions of Conservation District Use Permit OA-1947 Regarding the Koolau Golf Course (formally Minami Golf Course) Located at Kaneohe, Island of Oahu, TMK: (1) 4-5-042:001 & 006.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.