FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, MARCH 23, 2007
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
Request for Approval and Acceptance of: quitclaim Deeds to State for the Old Cart Road (OCR) and the Stepping Stone Trail (SST) and to include these Two Trails and a Pedestrian Connector into the Na Ala Hele Program; Authorize the Chairperson of the Department to approve a Memorandum of Agreement Between Na Ala Hele Program and Hokulia for the Management of the OCR and SST; The Application for
2. Memorandum of understanding between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the United States Department of the Interior, National Park Service and mutual aid firefighting agreement between the Division of Forestry and Wildlife and the United States Army Garrison, Hawaii
1. Reconsideration of Rent under General Lease No. S-5522 to The Storybook Theatre of Hawaii, Lessee, for Youth Cultural and Educational Purposes, Waimea, Kauai, TMK: (4) 1-9-5:41 (ADMINISTRATION/Charlene)
3. Amend Prior Board Action of August 26, 2005 (Agenda Item D-5), Acceptance of Federal Excess Land same being the Keahole Lighthouse Site, and Add same to the Operation of General Lease No. S-5619, Keahole Point, Kalaoa 1st-4th, North Kona, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 7-3-43:5 (ODLO/Gary)
4. Request Approval to Enter into a Use and Occupancy Agreement with the City and County of Honolulu for Retaining Wall Purposes and Authorize a Construction and Management Right-of-Entry, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-19:portion 5. (ADMINISTRATION/Charlene)
6. After-the-fact Approval of Lease of Federal Property with the Secretary of the Army on behalf of the Department of Education, for Public School Purposes, Waianae-Uka, Wahiawa, Oahu, TMK: (1) 7-7-01:1 (Portion) (ODLO/Steve)
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
1. Request for approval to amend/extend a DLNR/UH Contract (NO. 47471-HAWAII FISH AGGREGATING DEVICE SYSTEM) to Provide additional federal funds ($330,000) for the period of July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008
2. Request for approval to amend/extend a DLNR/UH Contract (NO. 55137 – EVALUATING THE EFFECTIVENESS OF RESTRICTED FISHING AREAS FOR IMPROVING THE BOTTOMFISH FISHERY) to provide additional funding ($398,000) for the period of July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008
3. Request for a no-cost extension of contract NO. 53939 with the UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII (UH) for the HAWAII FISHERIES DISASTER RELIEF PROGRAM— COOPERATIVE RESEARCH, DEVELOPMENT AND OUTREACH from July 1, 2007 through June 30, 2008
4. Request for approval to add funding and extend through FY08 seven (7) project agreements with the RESEARCH CORPORATION OF THE UNIVERSITY OF HAWAII for the following projects: CORAL REEF INITIATIVE (CONTRACT NO. 49090), COASTAL STOCK ENHANCEMENT (CONTRACT NO. 49820), STREAM/ESTUARINE STUDIES (CONTRACT NO. 51059), MARINE POPULATION SURVEY (CONTRACT NO. 51058), ULUA TAGGING (CONTRACT NO. 52851), FINFISH BROODSTOCK AND LARVAE CULTURE (CONTRACT NO. 52994), and HAWAII MARINE RECREATIONAL FISHING SURVEY (CONTRACT NO. 48518)
6. Request for authorization/approval to issue ONE (1) NORTHWESTERN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS (NWHI) research permit to DR. JASON BAKER, of NATIONAL OCEANIC AND ATMOSPHERIC ADMINISTRATION (NOAA), NATIONAL MARINE FISHERIES SERVICE (NMFS), valid from April 1, 2007 to September 30, 2007, to access the waters surrounding MOKUMANAMANA ISLAND, NIHOA ISLAND, FRENCH FRIGATE SHOALS, LAYSAN ISLAND, LISIANSKI ISLAND, and PEARL AND HERMES ATOLL in order to monitor the SIX MAJOR SUBPOPULATIONS OF HAWAIIAN MONK SEAL
K. CONSERVATION AND COASTAL LANDS
1. Modifications to Conservation District Use Permit No. HA-3118 Related to an existing offshore aquaculture project located approximately 1/2 mile offshore of the Natural Energy Laboratory of Hawaii at Ulualoha Point, North Kona, Hawaii, by Kona Blue Water Farms, LLC.
2. Enforcement Case No. HA-05-25 regarding the Unauthorized Grading of 13,4500 square feet and 2,000 cubic yards of geological features from the 1960 Kapoho Lava Flow at the Kopoho Beach Lots Subdivision, Puna District, Hawaii, by Douglas Shaver - TMK: (3) 1-4-002:047
4. Conservation District Use Application OA-3391 for the Hawaii Pacific University Hale Kou Force Main located at Kaneohe, Oahu, by Hawaii Pacific University – TMKs: (1) 4-5-035:001 & 010; (1)4-5-042:002, 011, 015, & 016
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.