FOR THE MEETING OF THE
DATE: FRIDAY, DECEMBER 14, 2007
TIME: 9:00 A.M.
LAND BOARD CONFERENCE ROOM 132
1. Amend Minutes of October 26, 2007, Item K-1.
2. November 16, 2007 Minutes.
C. FORESTRY AND WILDLIFE
1. Subject: Carnegie Institution Contract for the Collection and Analysis of Remotely Sensed Hyperspectral and LiDAR (a Laser Based Data Collection System) Imagery for Wao Kele o Puna, the Kapapala Koa Canoe Log Management Area, and a Portion of Ka’u Forest Reserve.
D. LAND DIVISION
Issuance of Right-of-Entry Permit to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers on State Unencumbered and Encumbered Lands, Islands of Oahu, Maui, Kauai; TMK: (1) 3-9-11:7; (1) 4-1-14:1, 9, 10; (1) 5-2-2:1; (1) 5-6-1:2; (2) 2-1-1:3; (2) 5-8-15:11, (2) 6-1-1:2; (4) 1-5-1:1; (4) 3-9-1:2; (4) 4-2-1:1, 2; (4) 4-4-1:1, 2: (4) 4-6-1:1; (4) 5-4-1:1.
3. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-5824, Andy B. Alfiler and Mary G. Alfiler, Assignor, Andy B. Alfiler and Mary G. Alfiler, and LBD Coffee, LLC Assignee, Kapaa, Kauai, Tax Map Key: (4) 4-6-05:11.
5. Approval of Lease of Private Property with Leroy Ridgeway Jr. and Ms. Faviola Ridgeway on Behalf of the Department of Health, Clean Air Branch for Air Monitoring Purposes, Keahialaka, Puna, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 1-3-28:portion of 38.
8. Amend Prior Board Action of June 22, 2007, Agenda Item D-4, Cancellation of Revocable Permit No. S-7174 to J.J. Andrade Slaughterhouse, Inc., and Issuance of Month-to-Month Revocable Permit to Jill J. Andrade dba R.J. Ranch for Pasture Purposes; Kawela and Papaki, Hamakua, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 4-6-02:07.
9. Amend Prior Board Action of September 28, 2001, Agenda Item D-17, Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to R.R. Midkiff Luakaha Family Limited Partnership and Elizabeth Midkiff Myers, Trustee Under that Certain Unrecorded Revocable Trust of Elizabeth Midkiff Myers dated April 24, 1989, as Amended, for Waterline, Reservoir and Fire Pump Station Purposes at Nuuanu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 1-9-07:por. 02.
10. Acquisition of Government Lands and Set Aside to (1) Department of Transportation for Manifested Cargo and Passenger Operations, and (2) Department of Business, Economic Development and Tourism, Foreign-Trade Zone Division for Foreign Commerce, Portion of Kaakaukukui, Honolulu, Oahu, TMKs: (1) 2-1-15:por. 09, 19, 15, 21, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 36, 37, 38, 39, 42 & 46.
13. Consent to Assign General Lease No. S-4901, Leina'ala M. Lopes and Carolyn Leina'ala Kahili, Assignor, to Leina'ala M. Lopes, Carolyn Leina'ala Kahili, Wilfred A. Lopes and Darren Kealii Lopes, Assignees, Maunalaha Homesites, Maunalaha, Honolulu, Oahu, TMK: (1) 2-5-24:12.
Amend Prior Board Action of December 8, 2006, Item D-14, Approval in Principle of an Exchange between the State of Hawaii and Tiana Partners and Hawaiian Humane Society for State-Owned Springing Executory Interest in Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Keys: (1) 3-7-04:01, 02 & 20 and Privately-Owned Land at Niu, Honolulu, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 3-7-04:02, and
18. Enforcement of Violation of Unencumbered Public Lands, Unauthorized Landscaping and Removal of Sand and Plants on State Land by David and Maureen Cross, Kailua, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK: (1) 4-3-17:33.
20. Cancellation of Grant of Non-Exclusive Easement Bearing General Lease No. S-5172 to Stanley Chun and Katherine S. Chun and Grant of Term, Non-Exclusive Easement to Gilbert K. Chun and Leialoha K. Chun for Seawall Purposes, Kahaluu, Koolaupoko, Oahu; TMK: (1) 4-7-19:26 seaward.
22. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Department of Defense, for Civil Defense Warning and Communication Siren Purposes, and Issuance of a Construction & Management Right-of-Entry Permit, Hauula, Koolauloa, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 5-3-001:039 (por.)
23. Grant of Perpetual, Non-Exclusive Easement to Hawaiian Electric Company, Inc. and Hawaiian Telcom, Inc. for Access and Utility Purposes and Issuance of Construction and Management Right-of-Entry, Waianae, Oahu, Tax Map Key: (1) 8-5-028:042 por.
27. Report of Board of Education Action Regarding Acquisition of Private Lands and Set Aside to Department of Education for Expansion of Haaheo Elementary School, Wainaku, South Hilo, Hawaii, TMK: (3) 2-6-32:01 por. & 27.
E. STATE PARKS
F. AQUATIC RESOURCES
2. Request for Approval to Add Funding ($158,155) and Increase Scope of Services of a Research Corporation of the University of Hawaii Stream/Estuarine Studies Project Agreement (Contract No. 51059) in FY08
3. Request for Authorization and Approval to Issue a Papahanaumokuakea Marine National Monument Conservation and Management Permit to the Monument Co-Trustee Representatives of the U.S. Department of the Interior, U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service; U.S. Department of Commerce, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration; and State of Hawai’i Department of Land and Natural Resources, for Access to State Waters to Conduct Conservation and Management Activities.
I. HISTORIC PRESERVATION
1. Request for Approval to
Enter into a Reburial Agreement with FRC Waikiki, LLC for the Human Skeletal
Remains Reinterred on their Property at Waikiki Ahupua'a, Kona District, Island
of O'ahu at [TMK (1) 2-6-13: 1,3,4,7,8,9,11,12]
2. Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with WBC CPR, LLC for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on their Property at Waikiki Ahupua'a, Kona District, Island of O'ahu at [TMK (1) 2-6-002: 1,2,3]
3. Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with BBC Corporation for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on their Property at Wai'alae Ahupua'a, Kona District, Island of O'ahu at [TMK (1) 3-5-004: 015]
4. Request for Approval to Enter into an In Situ Burial Agreement with Falko Partners, LLC for the Human Skeletal Remains Found on their Property at Waipake Ahupua'a, Ko'olau District, Island of Kauai [TMK (4) 5-1-03:06]
5. Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with Jeffrey Borges, Martine Borges and Troy and Jennifer Lindell for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on their Property at Waipouli Ahupua'a, Kawaihau District, Island of Kauai at [TMK (4) 4-3-009:049]
6. Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with PMK Development, LLC for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on their Property at Nu'uanu Ahupua'a, Kona District, Island of O'ahu at [TMK (1) 2-1-009: 11, 13, 18 and 2-1-010: 001, 004]
7. Request for Approval to Enter into a Reburial Agreement with John and Deborah Mullins for the Human Skeletal Remains Reinterred on their Property at Malaekahana Ahupua'a, Ko'olauloa District, Island of O'ahu at [TMK (1) 5-6-001:018]
J. BOATING & OCEAN RECREATION
K. OFFICE OF CONSERVATION & COASTAL LANDS
District Use Application SSBN MA-07-04 for a Small-Scale Beach Nourishment
Project (Board Consent for Chair Approval), at Laulea Cove, Spreckelsville,
2. After-The-Fact Conservation District Use Application OA-3431 for an Erosion Control Wall, for the Completion of an Unfinished Portion of the Wall, and for On-Going Maintenance of the Wall, along Ka`elepulu Stream, Kailua, Oahu, Mr. Read Spencer - TMKs (1) 4-2-50:75 and (1) 4-2-49:87
3. Conservation District Use Application OA-3433 for the Kaneohe Ranch & Castle Foundation Administrative Complex Located at Castle Junction, 1199 Auloa Road, Kailua, Oahu, Kaneohe Ranch and Castle Foundation - TMK (1) 4-5-35:003
4. Conservation District Use Application MA-3426 to Construct the Proposed Kapalua Coastal Trail Project, Honolua and Honokahua Districts, Kapalua, Maui, Maui Land & Pineapple Company - TMKs: (2) 4-2-004:010, 015, 016, 017, 032, 034
5. Request for a Deviation from Conditions Previously Approved by the Board of Land and Natural Resources Prohibiting Rental and/or Commercial Use on 14 Conservation District Use Permits for Single Family Residences at Haena, Island of Kauai, Counsel Randy Vitousek - TMK: (4) 5-9-002:018 Ann C. Harthorn/Edwin Cryer; (4) 5-9-002:021 Gary Bart; (4) 5-9-002:022 Apolonia & Gary D. Stice; (4) 5-9-002:035 Marcia-Toro/Carmen & Charo Rasten; (4) 5-9-002:039 Caroline Simpson; (4) 5-9-002:041 E. Brian Smith; (4) 5-9-002:043 Barbara & Stephen Baker; (4) 5-9-002:044 Udo Helferich; (4) 5-9-002:050 James S. Greenan; (4) 5-9-005:051 Diane & Willi Faye/Lindsey C. Faye/Diane D. Faye; (4) 5-9-002:061 Elizabeth Taylor Tiernan/William Van Dyk; (4) 5-9-003:046 Pieter S. Myers; (4) 5-9-005:021 Caprise & Mark Moran; and (4) 5-9-002:052 Nan Guslander/Whit & Hillary Preston
The Board may go into executive session pursuant to section 92-5(a)(4), Hawaii Revised Statutes, in order to consult with its attorney on questions and issues pertaining to "the board's powers, duties, privileges, immunities and liabilities" regarding the request for deviation from the prohibition against rental and/or commercial use of the subject properties.
ALL MATERIALS LISTED ON THIS AGENDA ARE AVAILABLE FOR REVIEW IN THE DLNR CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE OR ON THE DEPARTMENT WEBSITE THE WEEK OF THE MEETING AT: http://www.hawaii.gov/dlnr/chair/meetings/index.htm
INDIVIDUALS REQUIRING SPECIAL ASSISTANCE OR ACCOMMODATIONS ARE ASKED TO CONTACT THE CHAIRPERSON’S OFFICE AT (808) 587-0400 AT LEAST THREE DAYS IN ADVANCE OF THE MEETING.