Answers to many of your questions may be found on this site. Before leaving your question, please try our Frequently Asked Questions a7_faq.htm, or you can try our Search http://www.hawaii.gov/tax/search.html and enter a few key words to see if your question is covered on the site.
If you still need help, we can answer your tax question via e-mail.mailto:Taxpayer.Services@hawaii.gov
- While we can respond to general tax questions by e-mail, state and federal laws require us to keep return and account information from our records confidential.
- To protect your privacy, we will answer specific questions about your tax return or account only by regular mail or telephone.
- Please include your mailing address and telephone number with any questions about your return or account.
- Please send your message one time only.
If you've received a letter, notice or bill, please call the number shown on the correspondence.
Our contact phone numbers are:
- OAHU (Honolulu): TAXPAYER SERVICES
- For State tax information and inquiries
- Tel: 808.587.4242
- Tel: 1.800.222.3229 (Toll- Free)
- Telephone for the Hearing Impaired: 808.587.1418 or 1.800.887.8974 (Toll- Free)
- Fax: 808.587.1488
- OAHU (Honolulu): COMPLIANCE DIVISION
- Telephone for the Hearing Impaired: 808.587.1419 or 1.800.961.5369 (Toll- Free)
- Office Audit Branch
- Tel: 808.587.1644 Fax: 808.587.1633
- Collection Branch
- Tel: 808.587.1600 Fax: 808.587.1720
- Tel: 808.984.8500 Fax: 808.984.8522
- Tel: 808.974.6321 Fax: 808.974.6300
- Tel: 808.274.3456 Fax: 808.274.3461
If you need to contact a division not on this list, please see our brochure: Hawaii State Tax Office Information (PDF) brochures/taxinfo.pdf.
If you have a State tax problem that you have been unable to resolve through normal channels, call the Taxpayer Advocate at 808.587.1791 or fax at 808.587.1560.
For general correspondence:
Our mailing addresses are:
- OAHU (Honolulu)
- P.O. Box 259
Honolulu, HI 96809-0259
- 54 S. High Street #208
Wailuku, HI 96793-2198
- 75 Aupuni Street, #101
Hilo, HI 96720-4245
- 3060 Eiwa Street #105
Lihue, HI 96766-1889
For specific issues:
See Where to Mail a1_3tax_address.htm.